Sakarkandi chaat/ sweet potato chaat
Sakarkandi or sweet potato chaat is a nutritional-rich tubber root and for many health-conscious people, it can be a replacement for potatoes. As the name suggests Sweet potato is sweet in taste yet pairs well with salt, black pepper, and tangy flavors. This chaat can be eaten both on a normal day as well as during the fast. It’s an easy and stomach filling dish. It’s a must-try recipe. So, let’s cook.
- 3 medium Sakarkandi
- 1 ½ tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon refine oil
- tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Red chili powder as per requirement
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Steps to cook:
- Wash sweet potatoes, let it dry, and grease the potatoes with oil. Set Tava or any heavy base flat vessel on the stove/ boil the Sweet potatoes in the cooker up to 2 whistles.
- Separate pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- Separate the outer skin of the sweet potatoes and cut it into medium cubes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, lemon juice. Pomegranate seeds to the sweet potatoes.
- Mix it gently and add coriander leaves for garnishing
Tips: 1. You may also add Sev instead of coriander leaves.
if you want to cook this recipe in fast, add sea salt instead of normal salt.